How To Professionally Research Fixtures
More Than a Chronology, A Fixtures Research Resource
Though it might be informative to enjoy the FixturesCloseUp® Blog merely chronologically, as in “Will he post something interesting, wacky or too dull for words this week?” But as content builds the Blog becomes database-like in usefulness. Try these approaches to finding fixture ideas and solutions.
- INDEX PAGE MENU: Accessed from top-level menu above. The Index Page Menu provides a central hub for researching a named thread, and to provide to access threads verbally by Title. Individual Index Pages host a gallery of sample (not all) post images, all Post Titles that relate, as well as a link to that page’s Pinterest Board at the bottom.
- SEARCHING FOR INDEX PAGES: Searching <Index: Term> will result in a list of Index Pages with the “Term” in the Title or Body. Searching <“Index: Term”> WITH QUOTES will narrow the resulting list of Index Pages with the “Term” in the Title. Try searching both ways to see the result then use creatively and alternately to zero in on the results you need.
- PINTEREST BOARD MENU: Accessed from the top-level menu. The Pinterest Board Menu provides a central hub for researching a named thread, linking out to that Pinterest Board for a completely visual search of images. Only one photo from a post is represented on the Board. So if you see an interesting photo pin, you should follow it to the Post to see if more worthy images exist.
- SEARCH: Use as specific a term or multi-word term as possible. Enclosing your search phrase in quotes can produce a different result than non-quoted search, so try both. Searching <Index: Term> will result in a list of Index Pages with “Term” in the Title or Body. Searching <“Index: Term”> WITH QUOTES will narrow the resulting list of Index Pages with the “Term” in the Title. Try both.
- TAGS: Posts classified by Tag can be called up from the Tag Menu in the upper left-hand rail (companion column) near the top of each Individual post. Over-arching Tags include the major retail channels of Apparel, Auto, Drug, General Merchandise, Grocery, Hardware, Housewares, Jewelry, Office Supply, POP (Point-of-Purchase), Shoe, Specialty, Sports and Toy, as well as fixture types and terms.
As Guiding Principles This Blog will…
- Attempt to post interesting new fixtures or unusual applications of existing fixtures.
- Post fixtures that form a basis for common sense advice on fixture selection and use.
- Focus on small scale fixtures not complete displays or the store environment.
- Be a “rave” not a “rant” though downsides might be pointed out.
- Be based upon the value of a fixture idea, not be fee or remuneration-based.
- Be cross referenced by CATEGORY, TAG, SEARCH TERMS and PINTEREST PINS.
- Include (as necessary) a “Baseline” post, that is, a normal application of a fixture
- Be updated regularly.
For FixturesCloseUp Traffic Stats & Fair Market Value Calculations
See the “Site for Sale” menu top right.